The Mission Darkness™ NeoLok™ Non-window Tablet Size Faraday Bag with USB Filter allows a device to be charged or have data extracted while remaining shielded from RF signals. The USB filter built through the bag enables dual sided device connectivity. When a device is introduced into the bag, it connects to the inner USB hub via USB cable, while a power bank or extraction tool connects to the outer USB hub. The specialized faraday bag allows users to extract data from a device immediately after seizure, while remaining shielded and secure. If extraction is to occur at a later time, the bag can be used to keep a device powered during travel, or indefinitely, by connecting to a power source until the point that it can be inspected and analyzed in a lab. This important feature is designed to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
Charge, Shield & Extract Data from Tablets & Other Devices
The bag is built with a durable and water-resistant ballistic nylon outer material to ensure that devices and faraday fabric stay dry and protected. The interior includes two layers of high-shielding TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric on all sides with dual paired seam construction. The bag will block all wireless signals including WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 60dB-80dB average attenuation from low MHz to 5GHz spectrum. The bag keeps electronic devices shielded to prevent hacking, tracking, spying, and chain of custody corruption. When a tablet or phone is enclosed in the bag, no apps or malicious code can be remotely triggered or wiped, no communication can penetrate, and no one can access the microphone, camera, GPS location, or data.
NeoLok Magntic Closure
The NeoLok closure system allows an operator to effortlessly close the bag by way of a double roll and strong neodymium magnetic seal holding the roll in place. A quick-snap strap over the roll provides extra closure protection. The quick-snap strap should be used when transporting the bag, but can be undone upon introducing the bag into a forensic box or analysis enclosure. From there, the user can easily open the bag with a glove one-handed.
The kit includes an unshielded MOLLE pouch to hold the bag and accessories (like the USB A/M to A/M cable and instructions) during travel
- Military-grade faraday bag with dual sided shielded USB filter designed for law enforcement forensic investigators and armed services to shield electronic devices from RF signals, extract data, and keep devices live during transport
- Includes USB A male to male cable for device connectivity
- NeoLok closure system consisting of a double roll with a magnetic seal, plus additional quick-snap closure strap for ultimate security and signal blockage
- NeoLok faraday bags are specifically designed for transferring devices from the collection site to the lab -- bag easily opens inside of analysis enclosure without worry of damaging conductive gloves
- Shields tablets, cell phones, GPS trackers, smart watches, drone components, or other similar size devices from ALL wireless signals
- Two layers of high-shielding TitanRF Faraday Fabric on all interior sides with dual paired seam construction (TitanRF Faraday Fabric is lab certified MIL STD 188-125 compliant)
- Blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks), GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 60-80dB average attenuation
- EMI, EMR, and EMF shielding
- Neodymium magnets sewn into the bag enable it to easily adhere to metal surfaces
- Uniquely serialized for asset tracking and evidence chain of custody
- Closable transparent branding pocket to display agency information
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer materials
- Universal size fits nearly all tablets, including iPad Pro
- Instruction card for proper usage
- Comes in an unshielded MOLLE pouch to hold bag and accessories
- Internal usage dimensions when closed (device must fit inside these dimensions): 12.5" x 9.5"
- Made in the USA
- SKU: MDFB-M-NW-USB
- Mission Darkness™ NeoLok Non-window Tablet Size Faraday Bag with USB Filter
- USB A/M to A/M cable
- Unshielded MOLLE pouch to hold product plus accessories
- Usage instructions
Commonly Used to Shield
- Cell phones
- Smart watches
- Drone components
- GPS trackers
NeoLok Magnetic Closure
NeoLok faraday bags are specifically designed to be used for transferring devices from the collection site to the lab. The bag's magnetic closure easily opens inside of analysis enclosure or forensic box without the worry of damaging conductive gloves, opposed to Velcro closure bags which can cause abrasion. NeoLok faraday bags are compatible with Mission Darkness analysis enclosures such as the BlockBox Lab and BlockBox Touch series.
The USB filter built through the bag enables dual sided device connectivity, allowing a device to be charged or have data extracted while remaining shielded from RF signals.
Easily Add Department/Agency Info
Mission Darkness faraday bags have a Velcro-sealable pocket on the back to place a business card or more permanent sticker. There is no need to silkscreen your department information on the bag. If you would like a permanent way to custom brand bags, we can add woven labels during production. Please contact us to discuss options.
Ability to Switch From Power to Data Extraction Tool
The dual sided USB filter allows the user to connect to devices internally for long-term power or extraction capabilities while remaining shielded. The charging feature prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with forensics tools.
External view showing a laptop connected to the outer USB filter
Internal view showing a cell phone connected to the inner USB filter