Please Note: 1 Week Lead Time
Operate, Charge, and Extract Information on Devices while Shielded from RF Signals
The Mission Darkness™ BlockBox Touch Multiport is the most versatile, light-weight analysis enclosure in the BlockBox forensics series. The product consists of a spacious faraday chamber with a built-in multifunctional shielded filter including two USB ports, one RJ45 ethernet port, and one AC power port. Additional components include a double layer conductive glove, large transparent window, branding/evidence card pocket, unique serial number, and LED light strip. The combined features allows an operator to connect multiple electronic devices inside the faraday chamber to a local network internally, as well as connect to a charging source, computer, or data extraction tool externally. The primarily use is for forensic investigators to conduct triage and analysis on seized devices (such as cell phones and tablets), while remaining shielded from RF signals. Being able to keep devices charged indefinitely prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc. Alternative uses relate to mobile device testing, since the product can be used to create an isolated and controlled environment.
The interior faraday chamber includes padded side walls and two layers of high-shielding TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric on all sides with dual paired seam construction. The faraday chamber will block all wireless signals including WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 90dB average attenuation from low MHz to 40GHz spectrum. The exterior is built with water-resistant ballistic nylon outer material to ensure that devices and faraday fabric stay protected.
The faraday chamber uses a NeoLok™ closure system, allowing an operator to effortlessly close the faraday chamber by way of a double roll and strong neodymium magnetic seal holding the roll in place. A quick-snap strap over the roll provides extra security, which is especially useful if transporting shielded devices inside to various locations, such as from the collection site to the lab. The magnetic closure increases the product's overall longevity, compared to faraday enclosures built with Velcro which can damage gloves and wear out with frequent use due to "hard pulling" on the closure area.
The BlockBox Touch Multiport is easy to use, extremely high-shielding, and large enough to accommodate a variety of midsize electronics and accompanying accessories. The kit includes corresponding cables (two USB A male to A male cables, one AC power cable, and one right angle AC adapter), plus a removable signal-dampening foam block, which provides a platform to take photos of devices, as well as additional shielding in high-signal strength environments.
BlockBox Touch Multiport pictured with GrayKey inside of the faraday compartment
This video demonstrates the product features, capabilities, and components included in the kit
This video shows the interior view, demonstrating how a device connects to the filter and how a user operates a device inside
- Military-grade soft-sided analysis enclosure designed for law enforcement forensic investigators and armed services to operate, charge, interrogate, and conduct device triage at any location while shielded from RF signals
- Built-in double layer conductive mitten allows for shielded touch screen device operation
- Wide opening accommodates any size tablet, cell phone, or similar size device
- Large transparent window for viewing devices
- Two layers of high-shielding TitanRF Faraday Fabric on all interior sides with dual paired seam construction (TitanRF Faraday Fabric is lab tested and certified to shielding effectiveness standards MIL STD 188-125 and IEEE 299-2006)
- Shielded filter with 1 RJ45 ethernet port, 2 USB ports, and 1 AC power port for connecting to multiple devices
- RJ45 ethernet port allows for shielded internet connection and controlled/isolated environment
- Indefinite power capabilities to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 90dB average attenuation
- EMI, EMR, and EMF shielding
- NeoLok closure system consisting of a double roll with a magnetic seal, plus additional quick-snap closure strap for ultimate security and signal blockage
- Magnetic LED light to illuminate the interior space
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer materials
- Devices can remain shielded inside the closed faraday chamber during transport
- Closable transparent pocket on back to place agency information
- Removable signal-dampening foam block (for increased shielding in high-signal-strength environments, also serves as a platform for analyzing or taking photos of devices inside)
- Unique serial number for asset tracking
- Made in the USA
- SKU: MDFB-BBT-MPF
- Internal usable dimensions: 17" x 13" x 6"
- Lab forensic analysis
- State, local, federal, and military forensics
- Mobile device testing
- Military grab-and-go missions
- Federal search and seizure warrants
- Anti-hacking, anti-tracking, and anti-spying assurance
- EMP and CME protection
- Signal isolation
- Mission Darkness BlockBox Touch Multiport
- Branding and evidence card pocket
- 2 USB A male to A male cables
- AC power cable
- Right angle AC adapter
- Signal-dampening foam block
- LED light strip
- Usage instructions
- Unique serial number card
Easily Add Department/Agency Info
Mission Darkness™ faraday bags and BlockBox Touch analysis enclosures have a transparent pocket on the back to place a business card or more permanent sticker. There is no need to silkscreen your department information on the bag. If you would like a permanent way to custom brand items, we can add woven labels during production. Please contact us to discuss options.
The product requires shielded cables both within and outside of the enclosure to effectively block RF signals. Click the button below for product care and usage instructions (a hard copy is included with the kit).
Exterior view showing the top transparent window, glove entry hole, and side filter
Fits well in heavy-duty cases for protection in extreme weather environments and long-distance travel
NeoLok magnetic closure is safe to use with conductive gloves, effective at blocking signal, and lasts longer than Velcro seals
The dual-sided filter includes 1 RJ45 ethernet port, 2 USB ports, and 1 AC power port
The user can view device screens through the large shielded transparent window
Use with Forensics Tools, Like Cellebrite and GrayKey
In additional to offering an RF isolated environment, the various filter ports allow a user to operate, charge, interrogate, and conduct triage on mobile devices. The ability to charge indefinitely using the power outlet prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, while the RJ45 ethernet port allows shielded internet use in an isolated environment. These unique features enables the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc. The details below provide a basic overview of how to use the BlockBox Touch Multiport with a few forensics tools.
If using with GrayKey:
- Make sure the outer filter cables are connected. Place the GrayKey unit inside of the powered BlockBox Touch Multiport faraday chamber and connect it to the inner RJ45 ethernet port, as well as the power outlet. Connect the device(s) to GrayKey and use the tool as directed.
If using with Cellebrite or related extraction tool:
- Place the device inside of the powered BlockBox Touch Multiport faraday chamber and connect it to the USB filter internally using a compatible cable tip. Connect an extraction tool directly to the outer USB filter on the opposite side, then use as directed.
Each connection on the BlockBox Touch Multiport is an independent pass-though, meaning, each individual connection will only pass power and/or data to its opposite connection on the other side. Below are a few connection examples showing the correct and incorrect ways to connect devices through the BlockBox Touch Multiport.
*Pro tip: use the right angle AC adapter to connect a charging bank or power strip (not included) internally to charge multiple devices.
Additional BlockBox Touch Series Products
The Mission Darkness BlockBox Touch series includes three products with the same soft-sided analysis enclosure as the base, with different shielded filter options. The BlockBox Touch is the standard, collapsible analysis enclosure that enables hands-on device screen operation and interrogation. The BlockBox Touch USB and BlockBox Touch Multiport include shielded filters for data extraction and device connectivity. View the product pages below to see additional details, in order to choose the right product for your usage needs.
- The Mission Darkness BlockBox Touch allows a user to operate and view touch screen devices while remaining shielded from RF signals.
- There is NOT a shielded filter built-in.
- This product collapses and fits inside the included carrying case.
BlockBox Touch USB
- The Mission Darkness BlockBox Touch USB allows a user to operate touch screens in order to conduct cell phone and tablet triage, analysis, and extraction while keeping devices shielded from RF signals
- The unit includes a built-in dual sided USB filter.
- This product collapses and fits inside the included carrying case.
This is the second forensic enclosure I have purchased from MOS Equipment. After testing, I can confidently say that all signals are 100% blocked, even when next to the router. This one is being used with GrayKey inside, as it works through the rj45 connector. These are by far the best forensic shielding enclosures in the market. I would recommend them to any PD.