The Mission Darkness™ Patent Pending Gen 2 RF-FilterVu Shielded Window is primarily used to obtain effective radio frequency shielding while allowing users to see through the transparent window, for uses such as faraday cages, EMI/RF shielded rooms, forensic boxes, EMP protection bins/sheds, or any type of shielded enclosure. It has been lab tested and certified to shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006. The window is clear enough to distinctly view contents behind it, including mobile device screens. The attached frame is fabricated from a high-performance and corrosion resistant aluminum material, and includes a conductive gasket for mounting it to it a flat surface and maintaining conductivity. There are 24 pre-drilled holes in the frame, allowing the user to install it using whatever attachment method works best for their particular use and materials (*additional installation hardware not included).
Patent Pending Gen 2 RF-FilterVu
RF Shielded Window with Aluminum Mounting Frame
The window is a simple and effective way to offer a viewing portal in shielded enclosures and DIY faraday projects. Ensure that shielding is maintained by mounting the window directly onto a conductive material, such as TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric.
- RF/EMI shielding transparent acrylic window with pre-drilled holes in the attached aluminum mounting frame
- High shielding performance — window material provide high levels of shielding and prevents radio frequencies and electromagnetic interference from entering the enclosure
- Certified to shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006
- Extremely clear window transparency — distinctly view mobile device screens and contents behind window
- Durable construction
- Thick aluminum frame with 24 pre-drilled holes
- Easy installation — can be installed directly into a variety of conductive surfaces
- Includes conductive gasket for mounting
- Additional installation hardware/screws not included (preferred screws depend on your project and materials used)
- Overall dimensions with frame: 6.75" x 12.625" (17.15cm x 32.07cm)
- Window dimensions: 3.5" x 9.5" (8.89cm x 24.13cm)
- ADDITIONAL SIZES AVAILABLE! Note that these dimensions are for the model we stock. Additional shielded window dimensions are available upon request. Contact us for a quote.
- DIY faraday boxes and projects
- Military RF isolated enclosures
- Digital forensics analysis enclosures and labs
- Communications shelters
- EMP sheds
- Shielded rooms
- Secure facilities
- IOT development
- Signal isolation
Back side view of the window, showing the pre-drilled holes and conductive mounting gasket
Front side view of the window, demonstrating the transparency
Scientifically Proven Performance, Lab Tested and Certified
Shielded Window Laboratory Testing, to Confirm Shielding Effectiveness Standards IEEE 299-2006
Testing Completed by Keystone Compliance Laboratory on September 24, 2021
The Shielded Window has been tested and certified to meet shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006. The shielding effectiveness test was conducted by Keystone Compliance, a full-service regulatory compliance laboratory offering solutions for nearly all EMC/EMI, environmental, ISTA-certified package and ingress protection testing requirements. IEEE 299-2006 is the standard test method for measuring the effectiveness of electromagnetic shielding enclosures and materials. A properly-shielded device will effectively retain all RF energy in its faraday enclosure and keep all external RF isolated. The Shielded Window is advertised as a product that can be used to maintain conductivity in isolated rooms/enclosures, by blocking the frequency range most mobile devices and electronics transmit/operate within. To provide validation for this claim, the shielding effectiveness test measured how well the window shields frequencies between 1.5GHz to 40GHz. The positive test results provides authentication of its shielding abilities; contact us for a copy of the full test results. The images below were taken during the shielding test.
Complete Your Project with TitanRF™ Faraday Supplies
Use TitanRF faraday supplies for the construction of your EMI/EMR reduction project or RF shielding enclosure. TitanRF Faraday Fabric can be used to create a shielded room or faraday cage. TitanRF Faraday Tape can be used to connect multiple fabric sheets or panels, seal enclosures, mend punctured fabric, and more.
The fabric and tape are often used to make the shielded window installation easy, efficient, and to maintain conductivity.
Additional RF shielding materials include foam gaskets, patches, and vents. Watch the video to see how all of the materials can be used to build a faraday box.