Mission Darkness™ forensic analysis enclosures offer the ultimate radio frequency shielding and hands-on accessibility for electronic device forensics investigations. The complete field-to-lab system of products includes soft-sided portable analysis enclosures or rigid lab enclosures with various filter options for data transfer and power, shielded lockers with charging capabilities, as well as non-hands-on charging and data extraction faraday bags. These bags tailed for forensic use are constructed with a NeoLok™ magnetic closure, making them safer to use with conductive gloves than Velcro closure faraday bags. With unique charging and shielding features, MD forensics enclosures offer solutions and performance that no other RF shielding products can achieve. Scroll down to view applications and usage videos.
COMPLETE SOLUTION: FIELD TO LAB
The FIELD to LAB infographic shows the recommended steps and products to use for transporting a device throughout each step of evidence handling: from seizure → evidence storage → data extraction. There are a few different options depending on your budget and scenario.
The FIELD to LAB video demonstrates the recommended digital evidence handling process in action.
Read the Field to Lab evidence handling blog post for more details.
ADDITIONAL FIELD TO LAB DEVICE HANDLING VIDEOS USING VARIOUS MISSION DARKNESS FORENSICS PRODUCTS
The videos below demonstrate how to use Mission Darkness forensics products, in order to successfully process evidence throughout various stages, beginning from device seizure to the point of being analyzed in a lab.
Video: How to Transfer Devices From the Mission Darkness Blocker Locker Where Devices Are Charged and Shielded in the Front Office, to a Forensic Analysis Tool Inside of the BlockBox Lab XL for Analysis, Then to the Forensic Crack Cabinet to Keep Devices Charged and Cooled While Password Cracking
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR FORENSICS
Below is a breakdown of the main applications for Mission Darkness forensic faraday bags and analysis enclosures. Read the characteristics of each category to choose the best product for your needs in the field or lab.
*Please note that standard Mission Darkness faraday bags with Velcro closures are used for forensics as well, but the products recommended on this list are more specialized.
CUSTOMIZATION AND ADD-ONS
Contact us to discuss customization. Some frequently requested add-ons include adding a shielded USB filter to a faraday bag (+ $250 for filter and + $60 for USB cable set), adding an additional RJ45 ethernet port (+ $350) or camera mount (+ $280) to the BlockBox Lab XL, extended product warranty, extra sets of locker keys, and more.
Learn more about the benefits of using faraday bags with shielded filters.
Not ready to commit to purchasing equipment? Select Mission Darkness products are now available to rent. By choosing our rental equipment services, you can overcome budget constraints while accessing the newest RF shielding technology, scalability, and professional support. Take advantage of our cost-effective solutions and optimize your digital forensics investigations.
BLOCKBOX LAB XL - HARD-SIDED ANALYSIS ENCLOSURE
- Allows user to interrogate cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other electronics inside the enclosure, while preventing any RF signal from reaching or leaving the device.
- Includes universal power strip, LED array, and multiple ports for charging devices and extracting data at high speeds enabling forensic investigators to thoroughly analyze data on shielded devices.
- Shielded filter with 1 AC + 1 RJ45 ethernet + 2 USB ports.
- Transparent viewing window and built-in conductive gloves for left and right hands-on touch make the enclosure the preferred tool for operating shielded devices (including touch screens).
- Primarily used as a stationary lab for digital forensic investigations.
- The comprehensive accessory kit includes all necessary cable components including four Cable Sets (universal angle USB A/M to A/M, lightning to USB, USB micro, USB-C, and USB extension), NeoLok faraday bags, and replacement gloves and RF seals.
✔️ Upgraded Gen 2 window is 25% clearer
BLOCKBOX TOUCH - SOFT-SIDED ANALYSIS ENCLOSURES
- Constructed with a built-in conductive glove enabling use of device touch screens. Single glove allows simple device interrogation, opposed to the full accessibility of double gloves used in hard-sided analysis enclosures.
- Options include a filter with a single USB port and Cable Set (universal angle USB A/M to A/M, lightning to USB, USB micro, USB-C, and USB extension), or no filter through the enclosure. Filter allows user to charge devices or connect to a data extraction tool.
- Primarily used in the field and transported to different locations. BlockBox Touch and BlockBox Touch USB enclosures collapse and fit inside a slim carrying case, making it easy to travel with or store in a car, desk, locker, etc.
FARADAY BAGS WITH BATTERY KITS
- Designed for law enforcement and military forensic investigators to keep a device powered for days after seizure, until the point that it can be inspected and analyzed in a lab.
- Keeping the device live prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking capabilities with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Primarily used during field transport. Includes a Cable Set (universal angle USB A/M to A/M, lightning to USB, USB micro, USB-C, and USB extension) for connecting the battery to a wide variety of devices. Transparent window enables user to see battery life and device screen.
- The battery included continuously charges the device once it reaches 100% power.
CHARGE & SHIELD FARADAY BAGS WITH USB FILTER
- USB filter through the bag allows a device to be charged or have data extracted while remaining shielded from RF signals.
- When a device is introduced into the bag, it connects to the inner USB hub via USB cable, while a power bank or extraction tool connects to the outer USB hub for dual sided device connectivity (power bank or extraction tool not included).
- Commonly used in the field, to extract data or charge device immediately after seizure, before being processed and transferred to a lab.
- Kit includes a carrying case, instruction card, and two Cable Sets (universal angle USB A/M to A/M, lightning to USB, USB micro, USB-C, and USB extension).
- Charging capability keeps the device live indefinitely to prevent lockout mode.
- Window Charge & Shied Faraday Bags have a transparent shielded window to view device status.
- Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bags are preferred for use with the Mission Darkness Blocker Locker 7 and the Forensic Crack Cabinet because of the beneficial preview window. The bags can connect to the power outlet inside of each locker compartment for continuous shielded charging.
Non-window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag for Phones
BLOCKER LOCKER 7 - CHARGE & SHIELD EVIDENCE CABINET
- Secure cabinet with 7 compartments designed specifically for forensic investigators to keep devices individually locked, shielded, and charged during storage.
- Includes 7 Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag for Phones plus all necessary charging components. The system allows user to charge multiple devices in the Blocker Locker 7 until they can be interrogated or have data extracted.
- Designed to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
FORENSIC CRACK CABINET
- Cabinet with eight compartments designed for forensic investigators to keep mobile devices charged indefinitely, cooled, physically organized, securely locked, and visible.
- Each device charing set includes a USB A-male to A-female extension cable plus a lightning, micro USB, and USB-C cable tip (choose between the 18 or 30 device capacity set).
- Streamlines processes related to passcode unlocking and data extraction with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, Magnet, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Noctua fan cooling system with eight NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fans and a NA-FC1 controller to stabilize device temperature and heat generated from high-power processor speeds.
- *DOES NOT PROVIDE RF SHIELDING! Incorporate Charge & Shield Faraday Bags if shielding is required.
STANDARD NEOLOK FARADAY BAGS WITH MAGNETIC CLOSURES
- NeoLok magnetic seal is the most secure faraday bag closure method, preferred for long-term evidence storage and forensic use.
- Easily opens inside of an analysis enclosure without worry of damaging conductive gloves (opposed to bags that use harsh Velcro or need to be cut open).
- Primarily used for shielding and transferring a device (that does not need to stay charged) from seizure or the collection site to the lab until it can be analyzed.
- Window bag variations allow the user to view device status and signal cut-off.
✔️ Fits phones and small devices