The Mission Darkness™ NeoLok™ Faraday Bag for Phones with Battery Kit is designed to charge a device while it remains shielded from RF signals. The unique kit includes a NeoLok faraday bag large enough to fit a cell phone, one USB power bank (10,000 mAh and 20,000 mAh battery options available -- choose from the drop-down menu), cable kit (Apple lightning, USB micro, USB-C, USB extension), transparent shielded window to view indicator light of battery, and an outer zipper compartment to hold power bank and cables when not in use. When in use, the window shows the battery power level and confirms that the device is charging inside the bag. The battery kit allows users to keep a device powered for days after seizure, until the point that it can be inspected and analyzed in a lab. This important feature is designed to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
Keep Cell Phones Charged & Shielded During Transport
Charging Kit Included
The bag is built with a durable and water-resistant ballistic nylon outer material to ensure that devices and faraday fabric stay dry and protected. The interior includes two layers of high-shielding TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric on all sides with dual paired seam construction. The bag will block all wireless signals including WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 60dB-80dB average attenuation from low MHz to 5GHz spectrum. It is used to keep small electronic devices shielded to prevent hacking, tracking, spying, and chain of custody corruption. When a cell phone is enclosed in the bag, no apps or malicious code can be remotely triggered or wiped, no communication can penetrate, and no one can access the microphone, camera, GPS location, or data.
NeoLok Magnetic Closure
The NeoLok closure system allows an operator to effortlessly close the bag by way of a double roll and strong magnetic seal holding the roll in place. A quick-snap strap over the roll provides extra closure protection. The quick-snap strap should be used when transporting the bag, but can be undone upon introducing the bag into a forensic box or analysis enclosure. The user can easily open the bag inside of an analysis enclosure without worry of damaging conductive gloves, opposed to Velcro closure bags which can cause abrasion. NeoLok faraday bags are compatible with Mission Darkness analysis enclosures such as the BlockBox Lab and BlockBox Touch series.
- Military-grade faraday bag with battery kit designed for law enforcement and military forensic investigators to keep mobile devices live during field transport
- USB power bank (10,000 mAh and 20,000 mAh battery options available)
- Cable kit for connecting the device to the power bank, includes USB extension, Apple lightning, USB micro, and USB-C cable attachments
- Transparent shielded window to view battery indicator light
- Zipper compartment to hold battery and cables when not in use
- Phone size bag shields and changes cell phones, GPS units, smart watches, or other similar size devices
- NeoLok closure system consisting of a double roll with a magnetic seal, plus additional quick-snap closure strap for ultimate security and signal blockage
- Two layers of high-shielding TitanRF Faraday Fabric on all interior sides with dual paired seam construction (TitanRF Faraday Fabric is lab certified MIL STD 188-125 compliant)
- Faraday compartment blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 60-80dB average attenuation
- EMI, EMR, and EMF shielding
- Neodymium magnets sewn into the bag enable it to easily adhere to metal surfaces
- Uniquely serialized to assist with asset tracking and evidence chain of custody
- Closable transparent branding pocket to display agency information
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer materials
- Large opening accommodates any size cell phone
- Made in the USA
- Internal usage dimensions when closed (device must fit inside these dimensions): 9.5" x 6"
- External dimensions when open: 12" x 11" x 1"
MDFB-S-NW-CK-1 Includes a 10,000 mAh Power Bank
MDFB-S-NW-CK-2 Includes a 20,000 mAh Power Bank
- Mission Darkness™ NeoLok Faraday Bag for Phones with Battery Kit
- USB power bank (10,000 mAh or 20,000 mAh)
- Apple lightning cable
- USB micro cable
- USB-C cable
- USB extension cable
- Instruction card
NeoLok Magnetic Closure
NeoLok faraday bags are specifically designed to be used for transferring devices from the collection site to the lab. The bag's magnetic closure easily opens inside of analysis enclosure or forensic box without the worry of damaging conductive gloves, opposed to Velcro closure bags which can cause abrasion.
Easily Add Department/Agency Info
Mission Darkness faraday bags have a Velcro-sealable pocket on the back to place a business card or more permanent sticker. There is no need to silkscreen your department information on the bag. If you would like a permanent way to custom brand bags, we can add woven labels during production. Please contact us to discuss options.
Power Bank to Charge Device During Transport
The kit includes a USB power bank and commonly used device cable tips. There are two power bank options available; choose between the 10,000 mAh and the 20,000 mAh depending on your typical usage needs (amount of mobile charging capabilities required). *Various factors will determine how long each power bank will last (keep the device live), including the battery state of device when it is introduced, the type of device, etc. Below are common cell phone models and their overall battery capacity to give a greater understanding of their requirements.
Common Cell Phone mAh (Milliampere Hours) Capacity
Cell Phone Model
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone X
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Google Pixel 2
- 1,821 mAh
- 2,716 mAh
- 3,000 mAh
- 3,000 mAh
- 3,520 mAh
Video Demonstration of the NeoLok Faraday Bag for Phones with Battery Kit
Power bank and cable kit included
Long-Term RF Shielded Charging Solutions
If you require a long-term or indefinite RF shielded charging solution, opposed to a temporary solution, choose from the following faraday bags built with dual-sided USB filters through the bag. They allow devices to remain shielded and receive power indefinitely (while connected to a charging source). The user can easily switch from power to a data extraction tool when analysis is to occur.