MOS Equipment, the manufacturer of Mission Darkness™ faraday bags and analysis enclosures, is constantly creating and improving quality-driven products to be a leader in the ever-changing digital forensics field.
In today's dynamic digital landscape, staying ahead of the curve isn't just an advantage – it's a necessity. For industries that rely heavily on technology and security, such as digital forensics, the pace of change is exponential. At the forefront of this change is Mission Darkness, a brand synonymous with high-quality, military-grade device shielding products. Here's why it's imperative for us to keep improving the quality and features of our products to meet the ever-changing industry demands.
1. The Rapid Evolution of Technology
As technology evolves at breakneck speeds, the tools and methods used in digital investigations must adapt in tandem. Older tools might not be equipped to analyze newer devices or the latest software. By continually updating and improving our product line, we ensure that investigators have access to the best radio frequency shielding solutions in order to maintain device isolation and recover the most amount of data possible with forensics tools.
2. Growing Security Threats
With an increase in remote wiping, cyber-attacks, espionage, electronic intrusion, and data theft, the demand for secure evidence handling and data protection has never been higher. As new forensics tools are utilized, so too are procedural requirements to properly use the tool, which may vary between agencies. For example, when forensic tools began requiring cell phones to remain live in order to collect the most data from them, we created Charge & Shield Faraday Bags: a new faraday bag line with shielded USB filters installed in order to connect the device to a long-term power source. We then created the Blocker Locker: a special charging locker to house these USB filter bags while they are waiting to be analyzed. This important feature prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking capabilities with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc. Enhanced features in our products mean more robust protection against external threats, ensuring that data remains uncompromised.
3. Upholding the Mission Darkness Promise
Our commitment to our customers goes beyond just providing a product. It's about delivering on a promise of unmatched quality and reliability. By relentlessly pursuing improvements, we can confidently say that our customers are receiving the best products on the market.
Some recent examples of added product features include:
- Installing custom locks over the connection between the USB cable and USB filter port on Charge & Shield Faraday Bags to ensure that the cable can't be accidentally pulled off, breaking the connection to a power source or extraction tool.
- Including bonus Cable Sets into accessory kits for all products that have a USB filter installed or a battery kit included. This ensures the user has a variety of high-quality cable tips to choose from and extra in case cables are lost or in use.
- Including bonus conductive gloves and foam seals with the BlockBox Lab XL that the user can replace on thier own. This extends the product life and deters from having to return the unit to the warehouse for maintenance.
- Adding a power loss indicator to the Forensic Crack Cabinet that alerts the administrator if the unit loses power. This reduces the chance of interrupted charging.
- Introducing a faraday bag line that uses a NeoLok™ magnetic closure seal opposed to the traditional Velcro closure seal. When used inside of forensic boxes, this extends the life of conductive gloves, which tend to tear with Velcro seal faraday bags.
- Overall product creation based on the needs in the market. We aim to solve problems and introduce solutions that make digital forensics processes easier and more secure.
- Continuously improving product designs, materials, and components, without increasing the retail cost. We're constantly enhancing product features to not only keep up with needs in the market, but be the premier leader in faraday innovation.
- Testing our materials and products in laboratories and various real-world scenarios to ensure they surpass the industry's high-shielding and durability requirements.
4. Staying Competitive in the Market
We know what the pain points digital forensics investigators commonly face are from decades of industry experience and customer feedback, so we seek to build solutions and features that eliminate some of the problems and inefficiencies.
Being a leader in the industry isn't just about setting trends; it's about staying ahead of them. By innovating and enhancing our products, we position ourselves as the go-to brand for radio frequency shielding solutions, ensuring that our customers always have the best tools at their disposal.
5. Consumer-Centric Approach
In many industries, product improvements often come with a hefty price tag for the end consumer. At Mission Darkness, we've made it our mandate to improve our products without passing on these costs. Our competitors charge extra for accessories to be bundled into kits, but we seek to eliminate upsell friction and want to ensure the user has all the components they may need to properly use the product. Our focus is on value, ensuring that our customers get superior products without financial strain or increased costs. We seek to offer high-quality products at an affordable price.
6. Ensuring Long-Term Success
The longevity of a company in the tech sector depends largely on its ability to adapt. By making regular improvements to our product line, we're not just meeting the current needs of the industry; we're anticipating future challenges and preparing for them. This includes ensuring our produtcs remain high-shielding as signal strength environments throughout the world increase and digital threats become more constant.
In conclusion, the world of digital forensics is one of continuous evolution. For brands like Mission Darkness, remaining static isn't an option. It's our unwavering commitment to quality, innovation, and our customers that drives us to continually refine our offerings. As we navigate the shifting sands of the digital age, rest assured that Mission Darkness will remain a beacon of excellence, leading the way in device shielding solutions.